One of the questions was whether guests could use their own mobiles as audio guides throughout the exhibits. Another challenge in this remote location is that cellular and internet connectivity is very limited, making it virtually impossible for guests to download an app. Therefore, the Viking Museum could not use existing mobile audio guide system as they were all "app" based.
OLE MARTIN HAMMER • CFO • LOFOTR VIKING MUSEUM
• PIXILAB Blocks running on a Windows-based server.
• Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller and 12 Aironet 2702i Access Points.
• Eight Brightsign HD 1023 for video playback.
• Dataton WATCHMAX W7100 media server for the wide screen show.
• 50 static diplays/points of interest.
• All exhibits are supported with synchronized audio in 6 languages.
• Numerous iPod Touch loaner units for visitors, locked down using “Guided Access”.